No stranger to playing benefit concerts, Billy Joel was made MusiCares Person of the Year in 2002 for services to humanity.
Joel established Charity Begins At Home in 1978 to fund charities in the tri-state area that serve child abuse, domestic violence, autism, cancer and other issues. It is funded by his concerts.
Charities & foundations supported
Billy Joel has supported the following charities:
- Charity Begins At Home
- Elton John AIDS Foundation
- Farm Aid
- Gabrielle’s Angel Foundation
- GRAMMY Foundation
- Home For Our Troops
- Love Our Children USA
- Rainforest Foundation Fund
- Raising Malawi
- Red Cross
- Robin Hood
- St. Francis Food Pantries and Shelters
- STOMP Out Bullying
- United Service Organization
Read more about Billy Joel’s charity work and events.
- Billy Joel – A Philanthropic Man
- Don Henley Gets To The Heart Of The Matter
- Madonna And Friends Shine A Light On Malawi
- Elton’s Oscar Party Raises $5.1m
- Happy Military Mothers’ Day From The Stars
Find out more about
getting help from these celebrities
Copyright © 2019 Look To The Stars.
This article may not be reproduced without explicit written permission; if you are not reading this via email or in your news reader,
the site you are viewing is illegally infringing our copyright, and we would be grateful if you would